Cleft Lip and Palate - Our Personal Story

Cleft Lip and Palate Story

I will never forget the day my wife told me that they are going to have another son, we were trying to delay having children after my first son was born, but as usual, life has its own schedule and you have only to follow along and go with the flow. After the initial shock I am excited though, because my first son was going to have a brother and a father and as a typical sports fan, you start telling yourself, "Wow a boy to get ready for the big leagues."

As for the second time parents were less stressed about how to prepare for our second visit and we started to do a typical preparation, so we thought. On the day we went to get an ultrasound the doctor noticed something unusual about my son and informed us that they will be born with a cleft lip based on his observation. Now we know what it means at the time, but I notice the doctor a tone of voice changes from serenity to concerns from there we knew we had a situation to deal with.

The doctor explained to us the challenges of our son was going to have, but what is even worse part is not knowing the seriousness of his cleft lip was going to be. Needless to say, this time in our lives was one of the most difficult we had to deal with, but as time went by we started to educate yourself and seeing pictures of other children born with cleft lips did help a little, but because of all the mountains of information out there and different surgery to choose from, it creates even more stress for us.


Fortunately God has helped us a guide in the right direction and we found a doctor in South Florida who is new to the area and was using new and modern techniques to help children born with cleft lip and palate assured us everything was going to be fine.

When the day came for my wife's birth I remember the nervous, but do not show that tries to convince his wife everything was going fine, when it was delivered even though I immediately noticed a cleft lip and unfortunately, his palate was carried out, and I could not keep back the sadness and started crying, because no matter how you try to prepare yourself, when you see a child that will be difficult, to be honest with you, but after that i began to notice the real grandeur of our beautiful son's eyes, long legs, hair, ears, chest, arms, hands and a nice talent.

At this point, I realized that I was fortunate to have such a beautiful son in my life, unfortunately, my special day was ruined for the moment when an ignorant sister made ​​a comment about my son in no time, I had to educate her and she put in place.
 
 
Copyright © Treatment for Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate
Theme by Rolzo